Race Schedule

2018 Races…TBD!

Monday, July 25, 2011

JJ100 Training: Let the Fun Begin!

Today marks the very first day in a 16 week training "plan" for Javelina Jundred (JJ100), which will take place on Saturday, November 12, 2011.

I put 'plan' in quotes because I'm not a very good follower of running plans.  That said, it's a pretty similar spreadsheet as I used for Leadville.  Only this time, I'm upping the mileage ante.  I think it's time I start working my way up, gradually.  So I've got a couple weeks worked in where I will put in 70 miles (*shiver*), and those may or may not be a part of race weeks.  Ideally, they would not be a part of a 50 mile race week (we are looking to do two of those as training before JJ), but we'll see how it all pans out once we pick our races and where the timing works best.  I am also thinking I'll spend a little time doing some pool running once per week, just for gits and shiggles.

It's pretty exciting to have a 'plan' finally.  It's also exciting to run in weather that is under 90 degrees...though the humidity was still 94% this morning. 

Speaking of this morning, it was pretty strange.  It started off like any other morning, but then it changed.  We decided to run north for the first time in awhile during the week.  As we approached North Avenue Beach, we noticed a string of police cars and SUVs lining the left side of the running path.  As we got closer we could see what the hubbub was...a body, of the non-living variety.  It was under a sheet, and right as we ran by one of the officers pulled the sheet off and started photographing the man and the area around him.  It was weird.  I haven't fully processed that whole thing; it was very TV-like...CSI: Chicago.  I don't mean to make light of such things, but that's what it felt like.  It didn't look like foul play or anything of that sort, it just looked like a guy passed out on the lakefront (which is not unusual around here in the summer).  Anywho, so that happened.

Then, on the turnaround, after passing said police scene once more, one of my contacts popped out.  That's a first.  I caught it in my hand then continued to run the rest of the way home holding it between my thumb and index finger.  It was time to change them out anyhow so I could have tossed it, but for some reason I was completely distracted with making sure not to drop it that I didn't toss it until we got home :)  Oh well, it took my mind off of the police scene shenanigans. 

What a strange morning!  May the rest of the week be blissfully 'normal' :-)

Paige, out.

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails